Invisible pivot hinges, also known as concealed pivot hinges, are a specialized type of hinge designed to attach doors to their frames while maintaining a discreet and hidden appearance. Unlike traditional hinges, invisible pivot hinges are concealed within the door and frame, providing a clean and minimalist look. Here are key points about hidden pivot hinges:
- Invisible pivot hinges are characterized by their concealed design, making them hidden from view when the door is closed.
- The hinge mechanism is integrated into the door and frame, creating a seamless and unobtrusive appearance.
- These hinges operate on a central pivot point, typically positioned at the top and bottom of the door.
- The central pivot allows the door to pivot smoothly, facilitating movement in both directions.
- Hidden pivot hinges can be installed in different ways, with the goal of minimizing their visibility.
- They are suitable for various applications, including interior and exterior doors, as well as doors with unique designs or materials.
Wide Range of Motion:
- Doors equipped with concealed pivot hinges can achieve a wide range of motion, often allowing for an opening of 180 degrees or more.
- Many hidden pivot hinges offer adjustability to ensure proper door alignment and movement.
- Adjustability can be crucial for maintaining the functionality and aesthetic appeal of the door over time.
Aesthetics and Modern Design:
- Invisible pivot hinges are commonly chosen for modern and contemporary architectural designs.
- Their hidden nature contributes to a sleek and clean aesthetic, emphasizing the overall design of the space.
In summary, invisible pivot hinges provide a sophisticated solution for doors where a concealed and modern appearance is desired. Their ability to maintain a clean look while allowing for smooth and versatile door movement makes them suitable for a variety of architectural and design applications.