BEST HINGE OPTIONS
Double Action Spring Hinges- A double action hinge, also known as a double acting hinge or double swing hinge, is a specialized type of hinge designed to allow a door or gate to swing in both directions. Unlike standard hinges that enable movement in only one direction, double action hinges feature a mechanism that permits bidirectional swinging. These hinges are commonly used in applications where doors need to operate in a back-and-forth manner, such as in restaurant or café-style doors, where patrons can push the door open in either direction to enter or exit. Double action hinges contribute to convenience and ease of access by allowing the door to return to a central position after being pushed or pulled in either direction. Learn More Here
- Double Action Spring Hinges/Barrel Hinges are equipped hinges with springs that allow a door to swing open and closed in both directions automatically. These hinges are designed to provide self-closing functionality, meaning they automatically return the door to its closed position after it has been opened. The springs within the hinge mechanism exert force in both directions, allowing the door to swing inward and outward with equal ease.
Double action spring hinges are commonly used in commercial settings, particularly in areas where hands-free operation or frequent foot traffic is expected. They are often found in locations such as restaurants, hospitals, and retail stores, where doors need to close automatically to maintain privacy, security, or environmental control.
These hinges can be adjusted to control the speed and force of the door's closing action, allowing for customization based on specific requirements or preferences. They are available in various sizes and configurations to accommodate different door weights and sizes.
- 7-1/2" Double Action Spring Hinge- launching in Late 2024
- Double Action Pivot Hinges, also known as a double-acting pivot hinge or double-swing hinge, is a type of hinge designed to allow a door or gate to swing open and closed in both directions. Unlike standard hinges that only permit movement in one direction, double action pivot hinges enable the door to swing both inward and outward.
These hinges typically consist of two pivot points, one at the top and one at the bottom, allowing the door to pivot around a central axis. This design enables the door to swing in response to pressure from either side, making it suitable for high-traffic areas where hands-free operation or bi-directional movement is desired. Double action pivot hinges are commonly used in commercial settings such as restaurants, hospitals, and retail stores, where they provide convenient access and smooth operation for customers and staff. They are also found in industrial and institutional settings where durability and reliability are essential.
Concealed Hinges also known as an invisible hinge or hidden hinge, is a type of hinge designed to be installed in a way that is not visible from the exterior of the door or cabinet when it is closed. Unlike traditional hinges, which are typically visible on the outside of the door or cabinet, concealed hinges are hidden within the interior structure.
Concealed hinges offer a clean and seamless appearance, making them popular for modern and minimalist designs where visible hardware is undesirable. They are often used in cabinetry, furniture, and interior doors where aesthetics are important.
Concealed hinges come in various designs, but they typically feature components that are concealed within the door or cabinet frame, with only the hinge knuckle or a small portion of the hinge visible when the door is open. This allows the door to swing open smoothly while maintaining a sleek and unobtrusive look when closed. Learn More Here
- Murphy Hinge
- Invisible Concealed Hinge
- Stainless Steel Hidden Door Pivot Hinges
- Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Pivot Hinges 18mm
- Stainless Steel Hidden Door Central Axis
- Rixson Heavy Duty Center Hung Pivot Hinge
- Stanley 327 Heavy Duty Pivot Hinge
- Large Pivot Hinge
- Duronotic Dark Bronze Pivot Hinge 180 Degree Rotation
- Glass Door Pivot Hinge
Butt Hinges: Standard hinges suitable for most interior doors. These can be action hinges, meaning that the door will self return to center or no action, meaning that you need to return the door to center with your hand. Learn More
Euro Hinges: Commonly used in modern kitchen cabinets, they offer adjustability and a clean appearance.
Overlay Hinges: Used for doors that partially overlay the cabinet opening, commonly found in kitchen cabinets.
Piano Hinges: Long continuous hinges often used on piano lids or in areas where a long, continuous pivot is necessary.
Single Action Spring Hinges- A single action hinge is a type of hinge that facilitates the movement of a door or gate in only one direction. Unlike double action hinges, which allow bidirectional swinging, single action hinges enable the door to pivot in a single plane, typically either inward or outward. These hinges are commonly used in various applications, such as interior doors, cabinets, and access panels, where a one-way swinging motion is sufficient for the intended purpose. Single action hinges contribute to the smooth operation of doors by providing a controlled and stable rotation around a fixed axis, allowing the door to open or close with ease in the designated direction. Learn More Here